- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 15
- Arcade/game room
- Pool or billiards table
- 7 bathrooms
- 7 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Horse riding nearby
- Internet access
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 15
- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
OCEANVIEW Waves - La Waves Drive Just four tons from the ocean with beautiful vistas, DANCING DUNES just might be the next dream hideaway for your family. Expansive beaches plus the unique package of alluring design, splendid vistas, private pool with pool heat available, bubbling hot tub, multiple gathering areas, and generous amenities all combine to make this home a crowd pleaser. Imagine calming in the hot tub or appreciating cool drinks on cavernous decks with charming vistas of the ocean and sound. There is plenty of room for the whole family. The ground level features covered parking, a game room with wet bar, a master bedroom, and a bedroom with semi-private full bath. Wrap-around decks, two master bedrooms, two additional bedrooms sharing a bath, a den and the laundry room are on the mid-level. The top level features more decks, an open great room with surround sound home theater, a kitchen fit to feed a crowd, powder room, and a master bedroom.
*Please note that this property has a pool that can be heated for $600. Pool heaters, when pool heat is purchased, are set to 80 degrees, but pool temperature cannot be guaranteed.
Dogs are welcome. A $200 per week non-returnable Dog Fee (plus tax) is required for each approved dog. All additional dogs must be approved and may require additional paperwork.
This property is managed by Surf or Sound Realty.
More payment options available after booking.
Vacation Rental Protection Plan: Knowing there is coverage for accidents will help you relax and savor your vacation. In lieu of a $5,000 cash security deposit, we provide a Vacation Rental Protection Plan. This non-returnable $95 plan covers accidental damage within the home with a coverage limit of $5,000. It does not cover theft or willful misconduct. You must notify Surf or Sound Realty of any damage that occurs during your occupancy or this coverage will be void. Coverage is effective at time of check-in and ends at time of check-out.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
*You will be required to sign an additional lease agreement upon making a booking, which will be sent to your e-mail. You will not be able to check in until we have received your signature electronically. Please contact us directly if you do not receive this agreement.
New for 2023: Now providing full linens including sheets (with beds made), bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths all year. New for 2022: New kitchen appliances, new washer and dryer, new floor, new paint, new wet bar, new outside tiki bar, refreshed master bathroom, new furnishings, new TVs, new lighting, updated bathrooms and bedrooms with new beds throughout and new linens, new six-person hot tub, and new outdoor furnishings. Pyramid bunk bedroom converted to double bunk room.
(4 masters) 1 king, 1 king, 1 king, 1 queen, 1 queen, 2 single, 2 sets of bunk beds
Full linens including sheets (with beds made), bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths included all year.
9 Intelligent TVs
1 BluRay player
Home theater system with BluRay and surround sound
Free long distance calling (in continental US)
Game room with pool table
2 Grills - gas - charcoal
Electronic keyless door lock
Wireless high-speed internet access
12' x 30' Private swimming pool (Open April 1 - October 29, 2023; heat available)
6 Person hot tub
Dog-friendly - 1 modest dog only
About the Area
Located in Rodanthe, this vacation home is by the sea. Bodie Island Lighthouse and Fort Raleigh National Historic Site are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Rodanthe Beach. Rodanthe Pier and Ocean Air Sports are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Hatteras vacation rental home tips and tricks:
When to book a Hatteras rental home & When to go:
- Summertime is high season in Waves. To get the best value, shift your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, , and reduced traffic.
- In the Hatteras area, The earlier you can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked early. Reserving your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hatteras area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Hatteras visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Make a plan and pick the perfect Hatteras vacation home:
- Choose dates and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. On Special - Dream Family Vacation! Oceanview w/ Pool, Hot Tub, Game Room, Xbox, has 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the host before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what is optimal for your vacation.
- If there's a particular Hatteras destination you are crazy about, look for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must book a property that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- Document any damages to the property at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if there is a dispute.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your peaceful home life. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all belongings. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, remember to take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a terrific vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Dairy Queen - 0.3 miles
- Atlantic Coast Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Watermen's Bar & Grill - 0.4 miles
- Waves Market & Deli - 0.6 miles
- Good Winds Restaurant - 0.9 miles
- Taqueria Las Ahumaderas - 1.1 miles
- Beads & Beans OBX - 1.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 1.0 miles
- Chicamacomico Life-Saving Station - 1.8 miles
- Real Watersports, Inc - 0.3 miles
- Moneysworth Rentals - 0.6 miles
- Camp Hatteras RV Resort and Campground - 0.9 miles
- Highway 12 Amusements - 1.0 miles
- Rodanthe Fishing Pier - 1.0 miles