- As low as $124/Night
- 7 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Pool or billiards table
- 7 bedrooms
- 8 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Heated pool
- Horse riding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Living room
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No elevators
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 7 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
OCEANFRONT Waves - Sea Vista Drive (Formerly Medley Family Place) Come discover what a fun family beach vacation is all about at BUCKEYE WAVES. The shining private pool is ideal for little ones, while the big kids can pop over to the ocean, or relax in the close by hot tub. Step inside and grab some refreshments or an afternoon nap in the broad first level game room with pool table, Intelligent TV and wet bar with full-size refrigerator, ice maker and microwave. Nearby, you'll find a convenient half bath, sitting area with queen couch bed, and two colorful queen master bedrooms. All bedrooms in the home have their own Intelligent TV. Upstairs, the bright and cheerful decor continues in four comfortable bedrooms: a king master bedroom with private full bath, a master bedroom with two queen beds and private full bath, a bedroom with two sets of bunk beds, and a bedroom with queen bed. The expansive great room on the top level showcases elegant ocean vistas with a wall of oceanfront windows. The family can share stories in the living area while appreciating the vistas, have an oceanfront feast in the dining area, savor family prepare-offs in the gracious kitchen with pantry, or escape into the private media room with Intelligent TV with surround sound and queen couch bed. There is one more bedroom on this level, a king master bedroom with a Intelligent TV. With so many ways for the family to stay entertained and a striking beach in your backyard, your clan is sure to adore BUCKEYE WAVES.
New for 2023: Exciting 2023 updates await at Buckeye Waves! The kitchen has new cabinets, new island that now seats six, and a new refrigerator. New LVP floor installed in the great room, dining area, kitchen, hallway, and top level half bath. Fresh interior paint. New electric fireplace. New coffee bar on the top level. New dry bar on the top level with wine refrigerator and storage.
New for 2022: New dishwasher. New range.
(5 masters)1 king, 1 king, 2 queen, 1 queen, 1 queen, 1 queen, 2 sets of bunk beds, 1 queen couch bed (lower level), 1 queen couch bed (media room), 1 couch bed (great room)
Full linens including sheets (with beds made), bath towels, hand towels, washcloths supplied all year.
10 Intelligent TVs
2 Home theater systems with surround sound
Media room with home theater system
Wet bar with full-size refrigerator, ice maker and microwave
Game room with pool table
2 Grills - gas & charcoal
Electronic keyless door lock
10' x 30' Private swimming pool (Open March 30 - October 27, 2024; Heat available)
Community swimming pool and tennis courts
6-Person hot tub
Pillows and blankets
*Please note that this property has a pool that can be heated for $600. Pool heaters, when pool heat is purchased, are set to 80 degrees, but pool temperature cannot be guaranteed.
Dogs are welcome for a fee of $200/dog/week.
If you are bringing a dog on your trip, the weekly dog fee is already included in your booking summary when selecting 'Yes' to family pets. The $200 weekly fee will apply for each additional dog.
This property is managed by Surf or Sound Realty.
More payment options available after booking.
Vacation Rental Protection Plan: This required non-returnable $95 plan covers accidental damage within the home with a coverage limit of $3,000. It does not cover theft or willful misconduct. You must notify Surf or Sound Realty of any damage that occurs during your occupancy or this coverage will be void. Coverage is effective at time of check-in and ends at time of check-out.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
*You will be required to sign an additional lease agreement upon making a booking, which will be sent to your e-mail. You will not be able to check in until we have received your signature electronically. Please contact us directly if you do not receive this agreement.
About the Area
Located in Waves, this vacation home is on the beach. Chicamacomico Life-Saving Station Historic Site and Museum and Studio 12 are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Bodie Island Lighthouse and Fort Raleigh National Historic Site. Rodanthe Pier and Ocean Air Sports are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
This property does not have elevators
Our top Vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
Finding your best deal:
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Waves. Book your vacation home in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Some hosts and property managers offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers typically offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Hatteras area travel guide magazines that include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Hatteras area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Select dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Oceanfront - Dog Friendly, Pool, Hot Tub, Game & Media Rooms has 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the host before you reserve the property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your family is traveling with pets, filter your search for a property that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
Have a wonderful stay:
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, television set or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents many issues.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Note any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if a dispute arises.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to propel future bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Waves Market & Deli - 0.3 miles
- Watermen's Bar & Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dairy Queen - 0.7 miles
- Atlantic Coast Cafe - 0.8 miles
- Good Winds Restaurant - 1.3 miles
- Taqueria Las Ahumaderas - 1.5 miles
- Beads & Beans OBX - 1.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 2.5 miles
- Chicamacomico Life-Saving Station - 2.2 miles
- Moneysworth Rentals - 0.3 miles
- Real Watersports, Inc - 0.4 miles
- Duck Village Outfitters - 0.9 miles
- Hatteras Watersports - 1.3 miles
- Camp Hatteras RV Resort and Campground - 1.4 miles